In this episode we meet Tanya, a musician and ethical hacker. We learn how a simple SQL injection attack at a lunch and learn led to an amazing career hacking things, and protecting people from being hacked.
Here are her upcoming events:
May 7 DevSecCon Tel Aviv, Israel https://www.devseccon.com/tel-aviv-2018/
May 8 OWASP Israel Meetup, Tel Aviv, Israel https://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Israel/events/249361818/
May 9 Ladies Tech Meetup, Tel Aviv, Israel
May 16 OWASP Montreal Meetup, Montreal, Canada https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Montréal
May 18 NorthSec, Montreal, Canada, API Hacking Workshop with Nicole Becher of DevSlop! https://www.nsec.io
May 23 DPI Professional Development Week, Ottawa, Canada: https://www.dpi-canada.com/sites/default/files/pdw2018schedule.pdf
June 1 SecurityFest, Sweden: https://securityfest.com/
June 4-8 Open Security Summit, London, England, with the entire OWASP DevSlop team: https://owaspsummit.org
July 2-4 SPA Conference, London, England, with Nicole Becher of DevSlop: https://www.spaconference.org
August 8-12 DefCon (hosting OWASP Table, attending, hosting a women’s tech event): https://defcon.org
- Tanya Janca's CDA page
- Tanya on Twitter
- Tanya's blog — Tanya Janca’s Application Security Antics
- Azure Web Application Firewall (WAF) — Web application firewall (WAF) is a feature of Application Gateway that provides centralized protection of your web applications from common exploits and vulnerabilities.
- OWASP, the Open Web Application Security Project — The free and open software security community
- The OWASP DevSlop Project — The hacker jungle gym built on DevOps disasters.
- OWASP DevSlop on Twitter
- Tanya's local OWASP Ottawa Chapter
- OWASP Ottawa on Twitter
- We put the H in Ottawa — The official music video for the song We put the 'H' in Hottawa!
- Tanya's slides from previous presentations
- The Riker manoeuvre